- Job Duties of Different Types of Nurses
- Become An Army Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse
- Start Your Career By Taking CNA Classes
- CNA Classes in Lexington KY
- CNA Classes in Augusta GA
- CNA Classes in Jackson MS
- CNA Classes in Columbia SC
- CNA Classes in Jonesboro AR
- CNA Classes in Durham NC
- CNA Classes in Austin Tx
- CNA Classes in Fort Myers FL
- CNA Classes In Bradenton FL
- CNA Classes in San Antonio
- CNA Classes in Roanoke VA
- CNA Classes in Richmond VA
- CNA Classes in RI
- CNA Classes in Raleigh NC
- CNA Classes in Phoenix AZ
- CNA Classes in PA
- CNA Classes in New Orleans
- CNA Classes in Nashville TN
- CNA Classes in Lincoln NE
- CNA Classes in Las Vegas
- CNA Classes in Knoxville TN
- CNA Classes in Kansas City
- CNA Classes in Greensboro NC
- CNA Classes in Fort Wayne Indiana
- CNA Classes in Fargo
- CNA Classes in Detroit Michigan
- CNA Classes in Dallas
- CNA Classes in Colorado Springs
- CNA Classes in Baton Rouge
- CNA Classes in Baltimore Reviews
- CNA Classes in Arkansas
- Right CNA Classes in San Diego Reviews
- CNA Classes in Omaha NE
- CNA Classes in Kansas
- CNA Classes in Indiana
- CNA Classes in Wisconsin
- CNA Classes in Wichita KS
- CNA Classes in St.Louis MO
- CNA Classes in Sacramento
- CNA Classes in MN
- CNA Classes in Missouri
- CNA Classes in Milwaukee
- CNA Classes in Memphis TN
- CNA Classes in Indianapolis
- CNA Classes in Denver
- CNA Classes in Utah
- CNA Classes in Tampa FL
- CNA Classes in NJ
- CNA Classes in Michigan
- CNA Classes in Maryland
- CNA Classes in MA
- CNA Classes in Jacksonville FL
- Best CNA Classes in Iowa
- CNA Classes in Georgia
- CNA Classes in Charlotte NC
- CNA Classes In New York
- CNA Classes In Chicago
- Top CNA Classes in Los Angeles
- CNA Schools in Houston
- The Top Certified Nurse Assistant Training in the Country
Top CNA Schools In Your Area
CNA Classes in New Orleans
In the state of Louisiana, you are required to take a minimum amount of training classes in order to be a certified nurses assistant. In that training you will have to partake in at least 80 hours of classroom instruction, and then you will have to participate in a minimum of forty hours of actual hands on clinical training. If you wish to apply for and take the state CNA examination, you will need to have all this training done in advance. While there are many schools located throughout Louisiana, we have decided to cover the top four that are offering cna classes in New Orleans.
- Specialization in Nurse Educator (MSN)
- AS - Medical Assistant
- DIP-Medical Assistant
- AS - Medical Office Administration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- Medical Assisting, AS (Online)
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- Military Physical Assistant Prerequisite Program
- Medical Office Assistant
1. Delgado Community College which is located at 501 City Park Ave. New Orleans, LA 70119 and can be reached by phone: 504-483-4283 Their online cna classes in New Orleans, LA program consists of the following:
? Students are able to obtain their certification in as little as six weeks or as long as twelve weeks, depending on which program they choose. The CNA program is derived of forty (40) hours of clinical experience training, and an additional eighty (80) hours of in classroom training, which makes for a combined total of one hundred and twenty (120) hours to complete the course.
A potential student must provide for certain requirements prior to entering the program.
? Potential student must be at seventeen (17) years of age, and must have either a Louisiana state issued identification card, or a Louisiana drivers license.
? The student applying must have a social security card.
? The student who is applying absolutely must be able to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
? The potential student must have had a TB skin test with negative results within the past year.
2. Mercy Educational Institute is located at 10001 Lake Forest Blvd Suite 1104 New Orleans, LA 70127 and can be reached by phone: 504-244-0444
? The state of Louisiana requires that a student participate in One Hundred and twenty (120) total hours of training in order to be state certified as a certified nursing assistant. The school adheres to these state requirements.
?Eighty (80) hours are to be done within the laboratory and the classroom.
?Forty (40) hours are to be done in either a long term care facility or another type of healthcare facility in the form of clinical experience, meaning hands on experience.
? The courses taken cover basic things such as assisting patients in their everyday care needs such as feeding, grooming, brushing their teeth, ambulatory, and other sanitary needs.
3. Louisiana Technical College is located at 3727 Louisa Street New Orleans, LA 70126 and can be reached by phone: 800-433-3243? Their CNA program consists of the following:
? As a requirement of the state of Louisiana, a total of (120) one hundred and twenty credit hours encompasses the entire program. It is subsequently broken into two definable sections. Classroom instruction which is a total of eighty (80) hours, and clinical instruction which is a total of forty (40) hours.
? Classes are are scheduled for either seven (7) weeks or ten (10) weeks, depending on whether you take on campus or online classes.
? Instruction includes teaching the student how to care for patients basic needs. Things such as hygienic needs, and mobility issues. The student also gets to learn how to assist registered nurses with taking vital signs of patients, and handling various medical equipment.
4. Cameron College is located at 2740 Canal Street New Orleans, LA 70119 and can be reached by phone: 504-821-5881. Their CNA instructional program consists of the following:
? The course is comprised of a total of one hundred and twenty (120) instructional hours. This includes both classroom and clinical hours. This is the minimum requirement that is required by the state of Louisiana.
? Classes are small, and are made up of no more than 30 students per class. This means that more attention is given to teaching those thirty (30) students.
? Students are encouraged to do their clinical portion of the program at a long term care facility. It is here that they will receive hands on training in how to care for the needs of their patients.